Hugo Kamishi Blue Quartz Sand
- This fine graded sand ranges from 0.5-1mm in diameter
- The colour is Blue
- Sand can look very nice in an aquarium and it is better for fish that dig or forage in substrates. Catfish, gobies, soles, spiny eels, and cichlids are all examples of fish that manipulate the substrate.
- With sand, these fish can dig or ‘earth-eat’ without any risk or damage. Gravel wears down the barbels of catfish, and with spiny eels especially, skin wounds become a site for bacterial infections. Sand is mandatory for spiny eels and ‘freshwater’ soles/flatfish.
- The particle size of sand works better for smaller fish
- Plants root very well in sand
- Do not use sand with an undergravel filter
- Sand is much cleaner than gravel as the space between gravel pieces is big enough to allow debris in
Hugo Fact “Electric eels and electric rays have enough electricity to kill a horse and sharks are the only fish which have eyelids”
Hugo say… “You may not have very much sense. But if you have enough to keep your mouth shut and look wise, it will not be long before you acquire a reputation as a fountain of Wisdom”
Please see our samples prodct page if you would like a small sample posted – unfortunately due to the cost of postage we can no longer send these for free .