Cover for Simplicity Aquariums
These cover sets are designed to go with the Simplicity collection . In this day or plug and play it was difficult to just find a basic aquarium . So with this collection you can opt for with cover or without , with light or without – simple ! Theres not a lot more to say about covers for aquariums so here are some fishy facts :
- Catfish have over 27,000 taste buds. Humans have around 7,000.
- Fish use a variety of low-pitched sounds to convey messages to each other. They moan, grunt, croak, boom, hiss, whistle, creak, shriek, and wail. They rattle their bones and gnash their teeth. However, fish do not have vocal chords. They use other parts of their bodies to make noises, such as vibrating muscles against their swim bladder.
- Fish can form schools containing millions of fish. They use their eyes and something called a lateral line to hold their places in the school. The lateral line is a row of pores running along the fish’s sides from head to tail. Special hairs in the pores sense changes in water pressure from the movements of other fish or predators.
- Since a fish’s jaw is not attached to its skull, many fishes can shoot their mouths forward like a spring to catch startled prey.
- Electric eels and electric rays have enough electricity to kill a horse.
- Fish have sleep-like periods where they have lowered response to stimuli, slowed physical activity, and reduced metabolism but they do not share the same changes in brain waves as humans do when they sleep
- Most fish have taste buds all over their body.
- A fish does not add new scales as it grows, but the scales it has increase in size. In this way, growth rings are formed and the rings reveal the age of a fish.